Can I import / export GIS to and from EPAnet?

Can I import / export GIS to and from EPAnet?

The Community Engineer
Administrator
This post was updated on .
EPAnet model and simulation results can be exported to GIS files. It is also possible to import GIS files to EPAnet to create networks.

The easiest way to do this is use EPACAD.

EpaCAD is a free software which easily converts an AUTOCAD file into an EPANET one. EPACAD is able to automatically import the main properties of elements, largely providing the required information to build a network.

EPANet also has an option to export your map to *.dxf.

Go to File>Export>Map and then select dxf format.